A Blog Series: The feature of strong, beautiful, and passionate ladies

5:42 PM

   I'm finally getting it together. Every day I scroll through my news feed, I find myself trying to convince myself to give up my Facebook. I haven't done it yet, because it's the only way that I can communicate with a lot of people back at home in the states, so here I am, still in the books. It's just because lately, I've been seeing so much negativity and backlash on a lot of different topics. I keep seeing videos being posted of people terrorizing innocent crowds of people, or being completely disrespectful to one another for being a different race, religion, and even gender. But there's always hope on my news feed, and it's the reason that I've stayed on for so long ~ many of my friends are doing incredible things, and Facebook is the one way I can silently applaud them from far away.

  I've been wanting to start a blog topic about strong women out there making a difference in the world. Many of the women I want to feature are people that I know personally from high school or from college. They have characteristics that I really admire. They value hard work and dedication. They have been striving towards their goals passionately and wholeheartedly.

  So this is the start of my project! Every first Wednesday, I will choose someone to feature on my blog. I've already reached out to numerous ladies, and you may be on my list too! It's not that it's hard to write you and tell you how amazing you're doing, but it is time consuming to formulate meaningful words on why I want to showcase you! If I haven't contacted you already, feel free to contact me! What I'm looking for is at least 600-700 word submission about you. (Don't feel the need to hold back! If you want to use way more than that, feel free to do so!) I've listed some topics that you can use to help guide you in your writing. Many of the ladies I've already gotten in contact with, I've given a direction on what I want them to focus on. The ones with the "*" by them are ones that I want you to include no matter what. So here are the topics:


  1. *Personal introduction of yourself, the basics that everyone knows about
  2. *College you attended, your major, and why you chose it
  3. *If there was anything that you could tell your 16 year old self, what would it be and why?
  4. *Favorite quote
  5. Your career now, where you work, what you love about it, and what the challenges are
  6. What’s it like being a working mom, and the thing you love most about being a mom?
  7. What’s your zodiac sign and do you believe that your life reflects that?
  8. Last place you traveled, what you did, where you want to go next
  9. Do you have a special person that you turn to for advice?
  10. What do you do when you’re having a rough day? Any specific coping mechanism?
  Along with your submission, you will need to include a high-resolution photo. If you have a blog or an Instagram, feel free to include that as well!  I want to give credit where credit is due. I personally feel like there is a shortage of kindness right now, and it's time to change that. We need to uplift and motivate each other to continue doing what we do best. I know that this project will be hard to get started, especially since my blog is very new, but I hope that in the future, this blossoms into something that showcases a great line of hardworking women.

This project will begin posting the first week of July! If you want to submit, feel free to submit your document to my Google Drive. Please name your document and your photo in the following format: "LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_DATE". You should be able to post without having to log in, but if you run into any trouble, please let me know!

Thank you! <3

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is such a great idea. Celebrating women is SO important. I will be sharing this with all my girlfriends-thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog