Why I've been hiatus status for a month

10:52 AM

  I was doing really well with my blogging before life happened. The last time I posted something was a feature for my friend Selina. I checked the calendar and it's going to be the first Wednesday of September tomorrow, and I haven't posted anything since exactly one month ago. Truth is, life happened and I couldn't really keep up with it.
  I'm not typically the type of person that'll go into great detail about my personal life or my personal struggles, so I won't do that. I mean, I used to do that when I was a Tumblr blogger. I'm pretty sure all of my followers knew exactly how I was feeling every day of my life, because that's how I was able to release my emotions. Nowadays, I sit in my apartment with my blinds shut, snuggled in my blanket with my cup of tea as I actively giggle at all the jokes and lessons that Full House has. (I'm on season 5, and I have no regrets.)
  Anyways, I've been hiatus because I find it harder and harder to wake up every day without being sad that my husband isn't with me. I find myself becoming easily frustrated with things that are out of my control. It's becoming harder to sleep at night without chugging cups of chamomile tea beforehand, and it's becoming harder not to wake up with tears already in my eyes that I wake up alone every morning.
  So I decided the month of August was going to be my month. Sadly, August is supposed to be my happiest month because that's when Michael and I started officially dating, and of course, my birthday... But I think that's why it was so hard for me. It was our anniversary (for dating), and we've spent every year apart. I worked on my birthday, but I mean, I did go to dinner with my mom, so it wasn't bad at all. I'm going to stop complaining...
  I think the reality of being married to someone thousands of miles away is starting to set in. I'll admit to losing focus on myself because of my focus on how to bring me and my husband together... But I am trying to pull it together by focusing on my health, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I've started working out a lot more. I've started doing more yoga to focus on my center and to calm all of the anxious feelings I get. I'm still working on eating healthy... that's another story all on it's own...
  I know that not many people read this blog anyways, but... it'll be my re-start to a healthier mind and a fuller heart...

Till then.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog